We are currently looking for a permanent Cyber Security Engineer for a growing organisation based in the CBD. The organisation is in the midst of a transformation program including a move to Azure. The Security Engineer will be responsible for protecting IT infrastructure, edge devices, networks, cloud services and data from potential security threats. Key responsibilities include preventing data breaches; monitor and respond to security breaches; and remediate security vulnerabilities
· Assists with planning, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive enterprise-wide security Program that protects the organisations system’s information systems.
· Design, implementation, management and monitoring of cyber security solutions
· Monitor networks, infrastructure, and cloud systems for security breaches, through the use of monitoring tools that detects intrusion, anomalous system behaviour, and unauthorised network attached devices.
· Effectively responds to all reported security incidents and other reports of suspicious activity.
· Continuously improve the value of existing and future security technologies through optimisation and integration with other solutions
· Keep up to date with industry best practices (NIST, CIS, OWASP)
· Participate in yearly and as required penetration testing conducted by external vendors
· Provide guidance and mentorship to Service Delivery team to build Cyber security competencies.
· Support with the installation and configuration of network security architectures, including firewalls, router ACLs (Access Control Lists), web content filters, WAFs, Reverse Proxies and Network Access Controls
· Collaborate with other Digital Services team members on security controls, detection, and remediation matters.
· Tertiary qualification in Information Technology and/or IT security qualifications
· 3-5 Years of experience in the security engineering / administration role
· Experience in deploying and managing security controls in public (Azure, AWS and others), private cloud platforms and on-premises infrastructure.
· Experience in managing and operating SIEM Platforms, analytic rules, alerting, and automation
· Exposure to security orchestration and automation
· Experience in deploying and managing security solutions such as CASB, Next-Gen AV, Vulnerability Management, Network Detection and Response, Email and Web Security Gateways, and secure configuration standards
· Experience in Microsoft Security Centre and Microsoft Defender protection suites
· Experience in Fortinet Firewalls and Aruba ClearPass or other network access control platforms
· Patch/Firmware management of IT infrastructure devices and operating systems: Windows and Linux
· General understanding of cyber security standards, information security management, laws and regulations and the impact on operations.
· Proven ability to develop clear, concise, and purposeful cyber security documentation
· Good knowledge of cloud technology (Azure, AWS and M365)
· Proven ability to seek out improvements in processes and controls
· Experience in incident and request ticket management system
· Customer service skills is paramount.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
For further discussion please contact Richard McGuinness - 0400 939 790 / email@example.com