About the Role:
As an External Claims Adjuster, you will resolve commercial and domestic losses, ensuring compliance with service level agreements and maintaining high production levels. Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain expected case load of claims
- Provide office and field based assessment and investigation of commercial, domestic and liability insurance losses from first advice to final settlement.
- Provide support and advice to policy holders with respect to their claims.
- Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage.
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, by comparing claim information with evidence.
- Set loss reserves and control claims costs
- Settle claims after determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions, and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement recommendations, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Effectively deal with service/product replacement providers
- Recommend litigation when appropriate.
- Present evidence at legal proceedings producing reports and other documents as evidence if applicable.
- Comply with and maintain Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
You will join our high performing and dedicated team, bringing with you a down to earth and respectful attitude, positive personality, excellent customer service and time management skills, and an exceptional work ethic. You will work for an organisation which cares for its people, provides ongoing education and training, development and career opportunities. Requirements:
- Experience as a Claims Consultant, or External Claims Adjuster preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the insurance industry and terminology.
- Clear English, good report writing, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail and basic accounting knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Loss Adjusting or Professional Insurance qualifications preferred.
- A current Drivers Licence
For a confidential conversation about this role call Sarah James on 0419 771 192 or email email@example.com