We are currently looking a Scrum Master for a Geelong based organisation for a contract role to start ASAP. The contract is due to last until 31st December 2021, with probable extension. The Scrum Master will lead cross functional teams, and proactively uplift the knowledge and maturity of agile practices within this specific stream and the wider organisation through the development and implementation of agile methodologies and delivery strategies. You will work as an advisor, the role provides leadership, coaching and direction to all stakeholders.
The Scrum Master will work closely with stakeholders to develop and refine agile practices, performing and establishing capabilities that can:
- Lead cross functional virtual teams in conjunction with a product owner to deliver prioritised features on time and to customer needs.
- Support, educate and coach Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Facilitate team meetings including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement meetings, sprint demo’s and sprint retrospectives.
- Identify risks, issues and impediments to delivery and either manage these or escalate for resolution.
- Manage dependencies to ensure successful delivery of backlog items.
- Build high performing squads. Assist the squads with managing intrapersonal conflicts, challenges and opportunities for growth. Escalate people challenges when necessary.
- Protect the squads from uncontrolled injection of work ensuring that new work is directed to the relevant front door forum for prioritisation
- Lead squads to continually improve by facilitating sprint retrospectives and incorporating improvements
- Engage with other organisational roles including business analysts, change and release managers and technology business partners to deliver system changes and enhancements to the agreed standards, practices and techniques, undertaking the assessment and analysis of the change required, through to development and implementation, ensuring all required documentation is complete and usable for end users and support
- Measure and report progress against planned activities.
- Significant experience in a similar role leading, coaching and directing stakeholders to change culture and behaviours.
- Demonstrated expertise in the agile delivery methodologies including but not limited to; SAFe, LeSS, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL, DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development.
- Demonstrated experience managing the delivery of large scale technology projects, and ability to manage dependencies, issues and risks.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with strong customer focus and ability to understand issues, manage expectations, gain agreement, resolve conflicts and translate technical information into business language.
- Experience in organisational change, influencing and changing culture and work practices.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and an ability to think laterally to identify practical and workable solutions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work accurately with attention to detail, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate adoption and transition to agile methodology from traditional waterfall.