Senior Business Analyst - Life Insurance & Super
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for engaging with business and technology stakeholders to define, manage and communicate requirements to deliver IT solutions for BAU change requests or compliance projects.
You will play a critical role in driving the requirements elicitation and documentation, solution design and ongoing support of business solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
Your skills and experience
- Liaising with business stakeholders and SMEs to elicit requirements using techniques appropriate to each specific situation;
- Conduct system analysis to understand current processes, business rules and system behaviours and provide technical solutions in order to address business requirements and issues;
- Document “as is” and “to be” states and business requirements in detail.
- Document system solutions in functional specifications or user stories while keeping various audience in mind, i.e. business stakeholders, SMEs, developers and testers.
- Experienced in working in an Agile environment and flexible with hybrid approaches;
- Manage BA deliverables such as functional specs / user stories, walkthroughs, Q & A with business stakeholders, developers and testers, sign-offs, production handovers as well as supporting SIT, UAT and PVT;
- Manage stakeholder expectations and provide clear and timely communications, ensure stakeholders are well informed and no surprises.
- Be flexible with work assignments and able to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines;
- Take the ownership, proactively identify and mitigate potential risks;
- Building relationships with key business stakeholders;
- Capturing and maintaining business domain knowledge to extend the capabilities of the BA practice;
- Facilitating business change and driving continual process and operational improvements.
As a Senior BA specialising in Life Insurance you will have extensive experience in domain knowledge such as Life insurance, super and legislative changes. You will demonstrate expert knowledge in Life insurance products, super, legislative requirements and day to day operations.
You will also have:
- 5+ years experience in the Life Insurance and Super industry as a Senior BA.
- Must have solid experience working in Life Insurance, Super and legislative changes, i.e. ATO, APRA, ASIC requirements etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines.
- Keep relevant stakeholders and the line manager informed at all times and ensure no surprises.
- Embrace changes with a “can do” attitude, be flexible and ready for working in a fast paced environment. Able to accept new tasks at short notice.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- A strong desire to deliver IT solutions to support the achievement of business objectives;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;