Senior Project Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager contractor to join a Geelong based organisation. The initial contract is until the end of the year with probable extension.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for delivery of one or more complex projects, whether they are stand‐alone or within a program structure. This is a Salesforce program and will focus on business processes rather than the backend.
The Senior Project Manager will be required to utilise the agreed project management framework to effectively manage, execute and report on the project/s they are responsible for. There will be a focus on schedule, budget, risk and issues management, documentation and reporting, quality control and managing project dependencies.
Projects may be delivered using vendor suppliers, internal supplier or a mix of both, and the Senior Project Manager will be required to manage vendors to contract delivery alongside internal resources.
Requirements of the position:
- Successful delivery of assigned projects. Taking full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory delivery of the agreed objectives and outcomes of one or more large complex project/s.
- Resource management including internal service providers and external vendors and any other stakeholders required for successful delivery through negotiation and influencing necessary stakeholders.
- Management of key internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the project.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong and effective internal and external networks that are relevant to meeting the completion of projects.
- Identify, assess, and manage the risks to the success of the project including dependencies across projects, political, business impact, market impact, and technical complexity.
- Ensure that realistic project, budget, schedule, risk/issue, quality, change, communications and training plans are prepared and maintained while providing regular and accurate updates to the steering committee/s and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- The Senior Project Manager may be required to manage other project managers.
- Utilise the Project Management Framework to deliver projects
- Substantial career evidence of project management including proven management of multiple projects concurrently within large and complex organisations.
- Prior Salesforce or CRM project experience would be desirable but not essential
- Proven experience in successful budget responsibility for projects over $1 million.
- Extensive project lifecycle experience understanding the planning and delivery of projects in its entirety.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail in written work.
- High competency in scheduling & dependency mapping
- Proven confidence in verbal communication with the successful ability to deal with people at all levels of an organisation including liaising with a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrating a human centred design approach to all aspects of work, including a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to assist in embedding this approach across the organisation.
For further discussion please contact Richard McGuinness - 0400 939 790 / firstname.lastname@example.org