Senior Underwriter Liability
We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Liability underwriter who can hit the ground running in a growing team. Reporting through to the Regional Underwriting Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to share your expertise, mentoring junior underwriters whilst managing a community minded portfolio.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Underwriter are to:
- Assist in the growth and maintenance of profitable, sustainable business within the allocated State’s portfolio of business
- Undertake personal underwriting of the schemes and medium to large sized policies, including new business
- Deliver professional and efficient customer service to brokers and distribution partners, as well as internal colleagues
- Assist the State Manager, Regional Underwriting Manager and Technical Solutions team in maximising the profitability of the portfolio
- Contribute to the alignment of risk and compliance management practices within the allocated portfolio by sitting at the first line of defense
- Contribute to developing a workplace learning environment
You will love
- Passionate about the business and highly motivated to achieve Company objectives.
- Resilient and respond positively to change.
- A great communicator with a modern and progressive approach.
- 5+ years Underwriting experience, with experience in liability insurance.
- A supportive and family focused culture with hybrid working options
- A competitive market salary
- Volunteer days
- ANZIIF studies supported and paid for by the business
- All available profits given back to charity
If you would like to know more about this opportunity prior to submitting your application, please reach out for a confidential conversation via email at email@example.com. Please include your phone number and preferred time, and I will give you a call.