Having successfully completed a number of General Management and CEO positions in the South Pacific, Ensure Recruitment is delighted to be representing a regional insurer in the pacific on this exciting CEO position.
My client has an established and profitable general insurance business that has been experiencing solid growth of over 30% per annum, has excellent broker relationships and a unique position in their local market.
Due to the current CEO retiring this excellent opportunity has arisen to take over the leadership of this local entity reporting directly to the Group CEO (who leads the entire South Pacific region).
You will be responsible for:
- Setting the three year business plan in conjunction with Group CEO and Board of Directors and the subsequent execution of the plan.
- Continuing the strong profitable growth of the business (currently 30%+)
- Further developing broker relationships (both local brokers and the internationals)
- Investigating new distribution opportunities for the business with a detailed ROI plan
- Driving my clients employment branding to become an employer of choice within the country
- Leadership of the people across the business and development of local talent
- Ensuring underwriting and claims best practice
- Managing risk across the business.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership skills (ideally within a culturally diverse team)
- An exceptional technical knowledge of general insurance products (Property would be a significant advantage)
- A thorough understanding of the profitability drivers within insurance
- Excellent underwriting experience (again ideally within property)
- Management of either a full P&L or an operating budget
- Excellent broker management experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- High resilience, drive and motivation
- Proven success within the general insurance industry
You will be rewarded with:
- A strong remuneration package that will total $300K - $400K including allowances and bonuses
- Allowances include full housing paid, company car, all housing costs (electricity, water, internet etc....), two return home flights per year, club memberships and annual performance based bonus
- Full relocation costs
- Excellent leadership team, direct manager and support function
- An opportunity to lead a growing general insurer with excellent future prospects
For more information on this role please apply now with full CV or call Paul on 03 8637 7319