My client is a regional insurer with a strong presence throughout the South Pacific. With operations in multiple countries each led by a local CEO/GM reporting to the Group CEO this is a newly created position to focus on the life insurance business.
The life business has been experiencing strong growth and has now reached the stage that it requires a dedicated CEO/GM to lead the business into the future, reporting directly to the Group CEO.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Management of all operational functions of the company
- Creating the strategic business plan and implementation of plan
- Liaison with distribution partners including brokers and agents
- Underwriting and negotiation of major accounts
- Portfolio management and new product design
- Liaison with actuaries and reinsurance functions
- Managing the claims process including automation projects
- Analysis of the company financial results and reporting to Group CEO and Board of Directors
Whilst the company is in growth phase the product set is basic in nature and predominantly in the Group Life and Group Medical policies sold to corporate companies to cover their employees.
This will be a highly hands on role and to be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to complete a review of current operations and workflows to drive efficiency measures
- Product review and design of new products for the market
- Exceptional distribution relationships
- A sound understanding of best practice claims processes and ability to introduce automated processes in line with efficiency measures
- Review of existing product profitability and make recommendations to Group CEO and Board based on review
- Ability to interpret financials and use experience to drive profitable growth in the market
- An understanding of basic life insurance products with particular experience in accident and health or medical insurance highly regarded
In return for your experience you will be rewarded with:
- A significant base salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Full relocation costs
- Attractive housing and utilities allowance (full costs covered)
- Company car
- Opportunity for further career opportunities within the wider group
- Private school fees
- Significant exposure to the metrics of running and entire insurance company, great for the resume and profile.
Due to the significant number of applications expected for this position we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. Please apply now with current CV.
For more information please contact Paul on 02 9346 5282