As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will enable the organisation’s services to be efficiently and securely deployed across their cloud infrastructure. Your responsibilities will be to be continually improving testing, deployment and monitoring practices for developers and ops support, and to help with the people and process aspects of a move toward full DevOps practices.
This is a role with scope to grow technically and as a people leader, so a focus will be placed on your ability to engage/motivate as well as your technical aptitude.
Essential knowledge, experience and attributes:
- Cloud deployment and management – AWS preferred, other cloud providers also a plus
- Strong understanding of CI/CD practices
- Prior experience with technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Docker, K8s, Linux, Windows, Python, Groovy, Shell Scripting, Server Spec, ELK, Splunk, Grafana
- Experience with or understanding of large interconnected systems and the inherent issues around cross-platform development, release schedules, etc
- Some testing automation background desirable but not essential
- Some experience in an agile/devops workplace
- Enthusiasm for enabling teams to perform at their best, both via technical and process means
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills