Ensure Recruitment are working exclusively with a product-based company, in recruiting a DevOps Engineer. Bucking the current trend of cuts, this company are entering a growth period and starting to hire across the board, with this DevOps Engineer position brand-new.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will have sole responsibility for their DevOps function, with the aim of having all of their infrastructure automated. You will be required to challenge the current status quo and develop solutions, in doing so you will play a key part in the company’s technical direction.
- Research and help them develop a great DevOps mindset
- PaaS or Containers – help them decide.
- Build, manage and maintain the technology infrastructure
- Build, manage and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Develop, maintain and support existing enterprise grade SaaS applications
- Develop new code for new functional modules or applications
- Develop code inline with the development team’s Agile development methodologies
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with the Microsoft development stack, Cloud technologies and developer tooling – For example Azure DevOps, Azure SQL, Azure Application Gateways & Load Balancers, Azure Storage, Octopus Deploy, .NET Framework, C#, Classic Web Forms, MVC & Web API 2, Powershell etc.
- Professional, confident and positive with a flexible approach and a focus on outcomes
- Great communication skills; can converse using both technical and non-technical language that is audience appropriate
- A team player who can also work independently
- Curious, analytical and a critical thinker
- Passionate about developing skills, capability and knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, researching best practice in technology applications, and having a go at things you have not done before.