A market leading client of ours is currently looking for multiple .Net Developers for contract roles with a minimum duration of 6 months. The company is currently in the midst of significant change which will further enable the development team as well as aligning closer with the business. This is a good time to join, with new technology on the horizon, recent additions include .Net Core and Web API.
The main objectives of this role are:
- Estimates in points for story cards
- Issue escalation
- Software and their corresponding unit and acceptance tests and
- Complete stories to agreed estimates
- Daily stand-ups with the project team,
- Participate in project kick-off and iteration planning,
- Implement stories with a Test Driven Development (TDD) mindset,
- Implement acceptance tests in an open-source Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) framework,
- Participate in code reviews,
- Involved in defect fixing and software releases when required and
- Willing to step in and resolve issues with the continuous build environment
Key Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Development role.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft technologies - VB.NET, C#, .NET framework 4.5.2 and up, win-forms and web platform and SQL Server 2008 R2
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Tertiary qualification (IT and/or Business) is strongly preferred
- Experience in an "agile" project environment is preferred
- Practical experience with TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation are preferred
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and coach other team members
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal