Head of Underwriting - Life Insurance
My client is a recognised brand within the life insurance market in Australia and is looking to change the way underwriting happens in the Australian market. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this team in the position of Head of Underwriting based in Sydney or Melbourne has now become available and will see you responsible for:
- Leading the national underwriting team via 4 direct reports and 50 indirect reports
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership in underwriting on multiple projects and initiatives that will advance underwriting philosophy
- Drive operational efficiencies in day to day underwriting
- Implement new underwriting projects that will come from innovation and analytics
You will be:
- An accomplished and successful people leader with significant people management experience
- Technically competent in underwriting of all product lines within life insurance including IP/Life/TPD and Terminal Illness
- Commercially astute in managing a significant budget relating to underwriting
- Driven by the need to look at underwriting in new ways through effective use of analytics
- Passionate about change and committed to driving change throughout the national underwriting team
- Committed to development of underwriters to ensure the changing needs of customers are being met.
In return for your experience you will be rewarded with:
- An exceptional manager who is supportive, innovative and encouraging of change
- A solid salary package plus bonus scheme
- A flexible working environment
- A business that is genuinely committed to innovation and investing heavily to ensure change in underwriting.
For more information or a confidential conversation please call Paul on 03 8637 7319.