The Insurance Risk Manager will be responsible for providing a second line of defence oversight and challenge to the insurance risk profile and processes across the business including underwriting, pricing, reserving, business planning, aggregate management and reinsurance.
The Insurance Risk Manager will liaise closely with the actuarial team, ERM team, catastrophe modelling, finance, Economic Capital Modelling and audit functions at Group level and with divisional management and risk teams.
Duties of the role will include:
- Decision making and influencing senior stakeholders on risk related issues
- Facilitate the implementation of the Risk Management Strategy
- Second line oversight and challenge of internal processes and controls
- Use of key metrics and data analytics to identify key risk issues
- Understand regulatory and external stakeholder requirements (including but not limited to regulators, rating agencies and shareholders
- Lead insurance risk stress testing processes
- Good knowledge of industry best practice in Enterprise Risk Management.
- Good understanding of: