This is a new and key role, responsible in contributing to the establishment of a new Digital, Innovation & Ventures function.
The Manager, Innovation and Commercialisation, is responsible for innovation strategy, capability development and culture to help drive the business needs to build commercial growth and improved customer experiences in the products and services it provides to the broader Australian community.
- Lead development, implementation and measurement of the enterprise innovation strategy.
- Design and manage the development of their innovation capability and culture, in a manner that aligns with the corporate and people strategies.
- Build and lead the innovation function in order to drive start up venturing, incubation, and acceleration of opportunities aligned with Enterprise and Innovation strategies.
- Build a strong network within the start-up ecosystem in order to identify start-up businesses and innovation networks and ecosystems that could help accelerate the delivery of the enterprise strategy, customer advocacy and commercial results.
- Define and focus the investment strategy, metrics and measurement frameworks that enable frugal incubation and scaling of ideas.
- Provide strategic insights that contribute to the Enterprise Transformation Roadmap and Innovation and Transformation Strategy. Contribute to the overall enterprise strategy as a thought leader within the I&T division.
- Lead, manage and develop the Innovation function with the right capabilities, experience and behaviours to successfully implement the enterprise, business unit and target growth strategy.
To be successful for this role:
- You will have demonstrated experience in an innovation function within a corporate environment.
- Experience in strategy, finance, and technology or business development within a corporate environment (5 years+).
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation.
- Knowledge of strategic business plans, operational execution plans and product development and management strategies.
- Customer Co-creation experience in lean product development.
- Proven experience managing relationships with C-suite level stakeholders, customers and partners.
- Experience driving initiatives that gain buy-in and sign off from senior stakeholder groups.
- Experience interpreting complex market analysis, research and feedback relating to customer segments.
- Knowledge of the Australian and Global start up and entrepreneurial ecosystem, and the role that an accelerator program can play in this ecosystem.
- Extensive knowledge of key market drivers and competitive trends across Industry sectors.
- Experience across sales, product management, operations, channel management and marketing to understand end to end value chain.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to interpret internal and external market forces.
- Delivery model to incubate and develop innovative business.