This is a great opportunity for a an experienced Rehab specialist to join an established team in Brisbane on a 6 month contract (possibly extended to 12 months)
This position will have our successful person reporting to the Claims Team Manager here in Brisbane, this role is responsible for implementing strategic injury management with a focus on achieving optimal Return to Work (RTW) outcomes.
About the role:
- Establish strong and effective relationships with a range of key stakeholders.
- Have a detailed understanding of and compliance with relevant state and national legislative, regulatory and licensing requirements for RTW.
- Support the Case Management teams to maximise RTW strategies and outcomes.
- Develop the Case Management teams’ capability in the assessment of medical and rehabilitation treatment.
- Manage the performance of external occupational rehabilitation providers.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or certificate in allied health or a rehabilitation related discipline is essential.
- Extensive experience working in a Rehabilitation Specialist or Injury Management position within a workers compensation/insurance environment.
- Registrations and memberships relevant to the position is desirable.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet agreed deadlines.