Our market leading client are currently looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
Please note full working rights are required and our client cannot sponsor the successful applicant.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Taking an active role in supporting the Claims Profitability and Insight function
- Developing and improving claims insights to support the measurement of claims performance and the effectiveness of operational activities and development of profitability metrics
- Supporting the P&L Management and Business Unit Reporting for Claims
- Supporting the GM of Claims to develop Claims philosophy and governance, and claims management approaches and processes
- Developing and utilising claims insights to support sales, underwriting, claims feedback loop to drive continuous business improvement
- Providing support in claims research and development, including claims innovations and new product development and deployment.
- Ad hoc strategic projects to support key business partners
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to, inspire and guide individuals, gain acceptance of ideas and plans
- Working effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across the business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A commercially driven focus
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Australian life insurance market – industry structure and trends, claims drivers and ideally profitability drivers
- Demonstrable experience in delivering quality outcomes on multiple tasks and projects within budget and planned timeframes
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and documentation skills
- Strong research, analytical and modelling experience
- Strong technical knowledge of MS Office suite and specifically Advanced Microsoft Excel
- PROPHET modelling skills preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualification in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, economics econometrics or equivalent, with good grades
- Completed majority of Parts 1 and 2 of the actuarial exams
If the role potentially looks of interest please make an application or contact Rowan Mollison on 0490788613 or email@example.com