Senior Actuary - Melbourne
Reporting to the Actuarial Manager, the role would ideally suit an experienced Actuary who has worked in the sector for at least 5, ideally 8+ years.
The focus of the role will be to analyse, benchmark and report on business performance to the General Manager / C-Suite Executive Team and relevant business units, monitoring and driving the performance of the actuarial team, while managing internal and external stakeholders in a professional and dynamic fashion.
Some of the key responsibilities involved are:
- Provide mentoring to the claims business and executive team to understand the claims business performance, emerging trends and expected financial outcomes.
- Provide incisive analysis and make recommendations to enhance and improve claims management processes and performance.
- Lead and develop an effective and productive team by personal work performance driving a high performance culture.
- Interact effectively with management and staff at different levels in various teams, while managing key internal and external stakeholders to best practice model at all times.
Essential Skills / Criteria required:
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (FIAA)
- Knowledge of General Insurance Pricing & Valuations, within Workers Compensation is ideal, however qualified general insurance actuaries without workers compensation experience and candidates from life, pensions or investments could be considered.
- Knowledge of APRA Regulations and current regulatory requirements
- Capability to deal with large quantities of data with knowledge of SAS and/or SQL
- Proven track record of managing / developing an actuarial / statistical team
If the above potentially looks of interest please make and application and Ensure's actuarial team will be in contact