Senior BI Analyst
We are currently seeking multiple Senior BI Analysts on 12 month contracts for a national Insurance organisation based in Geelong.
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will be part of the Data and Insurance Branch, working in the Analytics Pool team. This team is responsible for delivering insights to improving the sustainability and performance. The Senior BI Analyst will need to deliver emerging trends, utilising statistical and mathematical modelling techniques and coordinating with other teams to ensure consistent accounts.
The senior BI Analyst should have extensive experience in expressing complex data into digestible messages to key stakeholders and for whole division operational analysis. The Analyst will need to have a high level of competency in technical programming languages (i.e SAS/SQL/Java).
Essential Skills & Experience:
- High level of data literacy skills, utilising statistical and mathematical modelling techniques.
- Demonstrated high level report writing skills and experience- able to translate complete data into digestible and simple messages in line with key business goals
- Able to deliver consistent and accurate reports, presenting current trends and emerging issues in simple message for consumable reports to key stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistical, computer sciences discipline or relevant work experience.
- Experience using SAS (Base, EG), SQL, SharePoint and PANDA/PANDA Live would be advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a team with high levels of communication skills, due to some team members based nationally
- Supporting BI Analyst Managers (direct reports)
- Ability to work independently and navigate priority action items directed by the BI Analyst Manager
- Ability to supervise, lead, coach and develop analysts to produce quality products and services