Senior Data Project Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Project Manager for an initial 6-0month contract opportunity with a Geelong based organisation, initially WFH until a flexible work environment is resumed.
The Senior Data Project Manager is to be accountable for delivery of one or more complex projects, whether they are stand‐alone or within a program structure.
The Senior Data Project Manager will be required to utilise the agreed project management framework to effectively manage, execute and report on the project/s they are responsible for. There will be a focus on schedule, budget, risk and issues management, documentation and reporting, quality control and managing project dependencies.
Data projects may be delivered using vendor suppliers, internal supplier or a mix of both, and the Senior Data Project Manager will be required to manage vendors to contract delivery alongside internal resources.
Skills and experience
- Successful delivery of assigned Data projects. Taking full responsibility for the technical definition, technical documentation, and satisfactory delivery of the agreed objectives and outcomes of one or more large complex data project/s.
- Experience in delivering projects and migrating data from legacy systems to Salesforce CRM (or equivalent) from a technical view-point.
- Resource management of internal service providers, including Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), Data Teams, Data Stewards along external vendors and any other stakeholders required for a successful technical delivery of data related projects through negotiation and influencing necessary stakeholders.
- Management of key internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the project.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong and effective internal and external networks that are relevant to meeting the completion of the data projects.
- Identify, assess, and manage the risks to the success of the project including dependencies across projects, political, business impact, market impact, and technical complexity, and in turn report these risks to the Data Program Manager.
- Ensure that realistic project, budget, schedule, risk/issue, quality, change, communications and training plans are prepared and maintained while providing regular and accurate updates to the Data Program Manager in readiness of presentation to the steering committee/s and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide effective leadership to the data project team/s and advise the Data Program Manager where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- The Data Senior Project Manager may be required to manage other project managers.
- Utilise the Project Management Framework to deliver projects
- Accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures. This is applicable to both hardcopy and electronic information, including email
- Substantial career evidence of data project management including proven management of multiple data projects concurrently within large and complex organisations.
- Solid data technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues.
- Proven experience in successful budget responsibility for projects over $1 million.
- Extensive data project lifecycle experience understanding the planning and delivery of such projects in their entirety.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail in written work.
- High competency in scheduling and dependency mapping
- Proven confidence in verbal communication with the successful ability to deal with people at all levels of an organisation including liaising with a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrating a human centred design approach to all aspects of work, including a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to assist in embedding this approach across the organisation