Senior Guidewire Developer
We are currently looking for a Senior Guidewire Developer for an opportunity with a leading company based in Melbourne CBD. Interstate candidates will be considered, and whilst the priority is to hire a permanent resource, a contractor will be considered. You will join a company in the midst of a large Guidewire project, that will take your career to new heights.
- User Interfaces - Create/Modify screens as specified by the Business Analysts using Guidewire’s configuration tools
- Rules Writing - Interpret, then design and implement business and validation rules, as specified by the Business Analysts, using Guidewire’s GScript configuration tool.
- Form Creation - Create forms based on the functional and technical design documents
- Report Design - Interpret, then define and code new or modified reports as specified by the Business Analysts
- Application Integration - Designing and developing integration interfaces between various applications using XML, HTTP and/or web services
- Portal - Interpret, then define and code or modify portal functionality as specified by the Business Analysts
- 5+ years Guidewire configuration, integration and development experience, experience with full suite (PC/BC/CC) is an advantage
- 7+ years practical Java programming experience
- 3+ years work experience under an Agile development environment
- Experience with the implementation and use of web-enablement technologies including both front-end and back-end
- Experience with database design and programming using SQL
- Solid understanding of coding best practices and coding standards
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Change Control
- Working experience with Tomcat, SQL Server, SVN, Git
- Working experience with SmartComms, Dynamics, SharePoint, Guidewire Live, Spotlight
- Working experience in Azure and/or cloud environment
- Experience in and demonstrated knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and practices
- Experience with data & process modelling.