The Java Engineer will be from a low-latency background with a proven track record of successful project delivery. You will be self-driven, adaptable, enthusiastic, with skills in problem solving, and a strong mixture of technology and business skills.
Your experience will enable you to design and deliver new systems including design architectures, optimisations and some production operation in conjunction with trading/sales desks and application support teams.
Ideally you will have a track-record in delivery of similar systems, preferable in Tier 1 investment banking teams.
Required skills and experience:
- Built highly multi-threaded systems in a low latency environment using core java (Collections, multithreading, OOP, GC)
- Object orientated design and architecture skills (EIPs, Application Architecture, Design Patterns, Redundant and fault-tolerant systems design)
- Worked in a performance sensitive SoA/Micro-services environment
- Unix systems - Redhat, CentOS, etc
- Relational Databases - Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Flyway, Liquibase
- Messaging architectures and systems (transaction processing)
- In-memory data grid - Oracle Coherence or Gigaspaces, Hazlecast, Gridgain, etc
- Full-lifecycle development including build and deployment tools - Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, OpsCode Chef, Ansible, Docker, Zookeeper
- Focus on TDD and or BDD
- Strong analytical skills