This is a highly rewarding role suited for a capable technical Senior Paraplanner who has a proven record of working closely with Financial Advisors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Paraplanning as required, this could be from simple SOA’s up to complex SOA’s with multiple strategies/entities and financial modelling.
- Use your breadth of technical knowledge to work collaboratively with the Senior Advisers to produce a range of advice documentation that meets the client's needs and expectations. Recommend appropriate financial planning strategies to meet clients lifestyle goals and objectives
- Collect, collate and analyse research obtained from clients and third-party providers
- Deliver quality advice documentation
- Contribute to the improvement, efficiency and consistency of the advice process.
- Conduct financial modelling and strategy assessments
- Maintain a working knowledge of financial planning issues and trends.
- This role will include tasks such as the preparation of SOA strategies, ROA's and review documents, preparation of relevant research, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, managing the implementation process and ensuring compliance is maintained.
- Statements of Advice need to be accurate, professional and logically prepared with a focus on client outcomes and be tailored specifically to our clients' needs. A high level of attention to detail is an absolute must.
- Monitor and maintain current technical reference materials e.g. Licensee standards, investment research and Product Disclosure Statement
- Proven Paraplanning experience (minimum 3 years) and technically very strong
- Excellent communication skills & have an ability to work closely with planners to achieve the best outcome for clients.
- A strong knowledge of Xplan or similar industry software
- Relevant tertiary qualification or progressing towards (eg. Masters of Financial Planning)
- Thorough understanding of the various products, services and strategies available, including legislation and tax implications
- Committed to progressing towards meeting the FASEA Code of Ethics standard