This is a very unique and highly rewarding and challenging role suited for a very capable Paraplanner who is technically very strong and have proven record of working closely with Financial Advisors. You will be competent with financial advice strategies and industry regulations. You will have a high level of skill in financial planning software to construct compliant advice documents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Main focus of the role will be working with planners to articulate strategy & complete the plan preparation form.
- Para planning as required, this could be simple SOA’s, insurance SOA’s up to complex SOA’s with multiple strategies/entities (currently insurance SOA’s are prepped internally but then outsourced for finalization however there will be times during high work loads or holidays of key insurance staff that these will need to be completed by the candidate)
- The confidence and knowledge to strategize with senior advisers and discuss alternate scenario’s/options – this is key
- Willingness to assist with processes and systems to improve the advice process
- Responsibility of the SOA team and overseeing work flows
- Ability to implement investment plans where required
- The ability to contribute to training and compliance sessions conducted with the advisers and other key admin staff
- Researching existing and potential products in order to prepare the most appropriate recommendations for a client
- 3 to 5 years proven paraplanning experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills & have an ability to work closely with planners to achieve the best outcome for clients.
- High level attention to detail & result driven
- DFP/ADFS qualifications in financial planning
- Experience & exposure working on different strategies.