Senior Property Underwriter
Our client is a highly regarded international insurer who are seeking a Senior Property Underwriter to play a pivotal role in the business.
The position involves the underwriting of new and renewal Property accounts in line with guidelines as well as developing business from an allocated panel of Corporate brokers within their delegated authority.
The Responsibilities - The position will include but not be limited to;
- Working within the Melbourne Property department on an assigned Corporate broker pane
- Writing a MD/BI portfolio in accordance withunderwriting strategy
- Select new risks and underwrite renewals for assigned book of business
- The role is split equally between development work and managing the existing account
- Provide technical leadership for underwriting as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Identify, analyse and develop sources of desirable new business opportunities including crossdepartmental
- Build and maintain long term relationships with key producers and insureds; deals with producer
principals on complex underwriting issues.
- Delivering product and capability presentations both internally and to Brokers and clients
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic business. For more information please contact Daniel Fennelly on 038 637 7330 / email@example.com
- 5 years experience in a Property or Package Underwriting and Development role with an insurance company
- Develop creative solutions to unique underwriting situations
- Understand advanced pricing techniques (retro rating, composition of experience mod, etc.), when to use, how to use, how to sell, etc.
- Be familiar with developing marketing plans and handling complex accounts
- Understand the broker selection and appointment process
- Have experience in the interpretation and analysis of claims and appropriate deployment of loss control resources.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively train entry level underwriters and to orient new experienced