- Delivery and reporting deadlines consistently met
- Appropriate evidence and documentation, performance of controls
- Investigate and provide explanation against any anomalies
Lead and participate in projects as required/set out in annual plans. Drive a proactive approach to issue management and resolution, especially with key clients by either directly being involved or supporting junior team members with technical support if required. Lead and deliver on data analysis and remediation projects, including but not exclusive to premiums. Provide support to other MRA teams with data reconciliation & analysis.
- Focus on integrity of data, evidence of issues being resolved within the defined timeframe stipulated within the process documentation.
- Feedback from other teams in the CFO and Life business
- Feedback from Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Drive the development and implementation of robust controls and processes to support requirements of the team. Support and encourage the team to question and improve current processes, as well as automation where possible.
- Evidence of process and control improvement to best practice, as well as re-assessment of risks and controls on regular basis
- Number and severity of external audit points regarding weaknesses and breakdown of controls within TA processes
Lead the day to day running of the team, BAU deliverables, and provide junior staff with training and support
Perform quality checking of Technical Accounting team deliverables, provide technical support and knowledge sharing to other team members. Drive the day to day capacity of the team and support the FP&A Manager in setting team strategy, annual activity planning and resource planning to ensure the team performance is maximised.
- Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis feedback
- Group Financial Controller feedback
- Feedback from internal stakeholders
Typical profile for this position: Education / Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications (or working towards) in finance/accounting or related field (essential)
- Life insurance experience (essential)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent numerical reasoning, financial analysis and data analysis skills (essential)
- Advanced level Excel skills (essential) and Intermediate to Advanced Access skills (desirable)
- Ability to lead work streams and make recommendations and decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels of their respective organisation
- Dynamic, autonomous and driven to achieve the require outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a client service orientation (internal and external clients)
- Ability to critically analyse situations and actively problem solve
- Ability to lead team through high profile situations and deliver technical accounts results
- Fast learner with high attention to detail