Senior Underwriter - General Liability
Join a global insurer who take on every type of risk worldwide. They have a reputation of providing outstanding service, backed by depth of experience and financial strength, making them insurer of choice.
They ensure their relationships with clients are open and transparent. Well known for being an employer who value their employees and are committed to personal career development.
This is a client facing role and will requires strong business acumen to develop new and existing relationships
- Responsible for underwriting a book of liability business in Australia/NZ, including general and products liability and construction liability. The portfolio has a focus on large and multi-national clients complex risks;
- Having daily broker contact and direct contact with clients, as well as internal liaison with internal stakeholders
- Input into the local Australia and New Zealand underwriting strategy for general liability in conjunction with other Managers in Australia.
- Develop and underwrite within the agreed strategy general and product liability products for commercial and corporate clients;
- Represent the business at internal and external meetings, make presentations, attend client and industry events
- Ensure broker/client satisfaction through the provision of prompt and professional service on insurance and risk matters;
- Technically strong you will have the experience to target corporate ASX listed risk, with excellent market facing capabilities
- A strategic thinker, able to identify new opportunities and widen the current business
- Strong technical competency in general liability, product liability, construction within corporate accounts
- Understanding of policy wordings, including the ability to draft clauses and conditions
- Experience in underwriting or broking general and product liability business in the Australian market
- Excellent communication skills and analytical and decision making abilities
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
Join a global company and benefit from the rewards of a highly competitive remuneration package, bonus, plus many benefits.
Career advancement across the business
All applications will be reviewed within 24 business hours and successful candidates will be called to discuss the position further.
If you would prefer to have a confidential conversation, or have any questions, before forwarding your resume, please contact: Lorraine Backhouse on 02 9346 5287