The team processes tax returns for their Private Clients across the whole employed network Australia wide.
Purpose of the role:
- Manage a team of 9 Tax accountants & 3 Administrators
- Lead the team that is responsible for delivering tax services for clients ensuring the service is seen as a value add for their clients
- Be competent to complete and lodge tax returns
- Ensure delivery to client and ATO expectations
- Responsible for team development and stability
- Manage to annual business targets
- Identify opportunities to enhance business efficiency, the client experience and grow the business
- Ensuring tax and advice teams have open and effective lines of communication
- Preparation and review of financial statements, taxation returns and BAS/IAS for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF
- Liaising with the ATO and ASIC
- Complete complex CGT calculations and develop scenarios for tax planning purposes
- Responsible for the Tax lodgement program
- Advise the financial advisers on TAX procedures and effective TAX practices for SMSFs
The ideal candidate will be Tertiary qualified in Accounting (or related) with CPA or CA qualifications. In addition, you will have a minimum of 5 years' experience gained working in private practice. You will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Your expertise and knowledge in current technical Australian Taxation knowledge to SMSF clients
- Experience in reviewing the work of others and providing guidance and mentoring
- Have experience in a variety of accounting software including Xero, MYOB, QuickBooks, Handisoft
- Experience working with high net worth clients
- Extensive experience in preparing / examining a substantial number, if not all, types of tax returns
- Proven record in managing a team in delivering to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic thinking. Being able to formulate and action ideas and opportunities to ensure continued success in the future.
- Tertiary qualifications in Tax / Accounting.
- Membership of professional accounting body in Australia
To be considered for this exciting and highly rewarding permanent opportunity please click the “Apply” button to forward a copy of your resume. Alternatively, to find out more information about this role please contact Toby Walsh from Ensure Recruitment on 0404 971 247 or email email@example.com
Please note ALL applications are treated in strictest confidence.
Please note - due to high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates shortlisted for the role. We thank you in advance for your application.